The PAO is responsible for understanding and fulfilling the information needs of soldiers and employees, the Army community, and the public. The PAO advises and informs the CG of the public affairs impact and implications of planned or implemented operations.
- Serves as the command's spokesman for all communication with external media.
- Plans and supervises the command public affairs program, including command information and public information.
- Monitors media and public opinion and evaluates the effectiveness of public affairs plans and operations.
- Facilitates media efforts to cover operations by expediting the flow of complete, accurate, and timely information.
- Coordinates logistics and administrative support of civilian journalists under the administrative control of the command.
- Advises the CG and staff on Privacy Act and Freedom of Information Act matters.