Assistant Chief of Staff, Signal (G6), is the principal staff officer for all matters concerning signal operations, automation management, network management, and information security. G6 responsibilities:
- Managing and controlling the use of information network capabilities and network services.
- Managing radio frequency allocations and assignments.
- Managing all signal support interfaces with joint and multinational forces, including host nation support interfaces.
- Managing the employment of automation supporting the force.
- Coordinating the configuration of local area networks that support the force.
- Managing communications security measures.
- Establishing automation systems security for all automation software and hardware employed by the force.