Assistant Chief of Staff, Intelligence (G2), is the principal staff officer for all matters concerning military intelligence, counterintelligence, security operations, and military intelligence training. G2 responsibilities:
- Disseminating intelligence to commanders and other users in a timely manner.
- Collecting, processing, producing and disseminating intelligence.
- Conducting and coordinating intelligence preparation of the battlefield.
- Recommending unit area of interest and assisting the staff in defining unit battle space.
- Describing the effects of the battlefield environment on friendly and enemy capabilities.
- Evaluating the threat.
- Determining enemy most probable and most dangerous courses of action.