Assistant Chief of Staff, Personnel (G1), is the principal staff officer for all matters concerning human resources (military and civilian) which include personnel readiness, personnel services, and headquarters management. G1 responsibilities:
- Personnel readiness management.
- Unit strength maintenance.
- Personnel replacement management.
- Casualty operations management.
- Morale support activities.
- Quality-of-life programs.
- Postal operations.
- Personnel service support, to include finance, record keeping, and Servicemen's Group Life Insurance (SGLI).