Equal Opportunity Advisor (EOA) is the special staff officer responsible for coordinating matters concerning equal opportunity for soldiers and their family members. EOA responsibilities:
- Advises and assists the commander and staff on all equal opportunity matters, to include sexual harassment, discrimination, and affirmative action.
- Recognizes and assesses indicators of institutional and individual discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Recommends remedies and develops affirmative action and EO plans and policies to reduce or prevent discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Manages or conducts all EO education and training programs within the command.
- Receives and helps process complaints; the EOA may also conduct inquiries, in accordance with commander's guidance.