Chief of Staff
The Chief of Staff is the commander's principal assistant for directing coordinating supervising, and training the staff. The commander normally delegates executive management authority (equivalent to command of the staff) to the CofS. The CofS frees the commander from routine details and passes pertinent data, information, and insight from the staff to the commander and from the commander to the staff. CofS reponsibilities:
- Integrating and synchronizing the warfighting plans.
- Managing the commander's critical information requirements.
- Establishing, managing, and enforcing the staff planning time line in accordance with the commander's guidance.
- Directly supervising the main command post and headquarters cell.
- Supervising all tasks assigned to the staff.